Tuesday, February 22, 2005

In the famous words of Kermit the Frog...

... "It's not easy being green." Alan and I just found out that we are expecting our third child in October. Somewhere around the 11th to be exact. Which means that as I type this I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and trust me..I'm feeling it. I threw up for the first time today though I have been nauseous 24/7 for well over a week. I hate throwing up, but then I guess I don't know anyone who really enjoys it. The good news is that I am experiencing MUCH LESS morning sickness with this baby than I did with both of my daughters. With the first one I was sick 24/7 for about 5 months to the point where the Dr. was worried about my weight gain...or should I say lack thereof. With the second one it was a little better...but I still wanted to paint a face in the bottom of the toilet for company. And let's not even talk about food cravings! OMG! I knew I was pregnant again when I found myself craving asparagus casserole in the car one afternoon. I'm really not all that crazy about the stuff on a normal day! LOL With my girls, I craved bland foods...pastas with a good cream-based sauce, and fresh fruits and veggies. NOT THIS TIME! Oh no...in the past several days I have scarfed down chili cheese dogs with extra onions, chinese food, mexican food, anything spicy with strong flavor. Right now I could really go for some Tostidos scoops and hot bowl of Velveeta and Rotel dip! So what do you think? boy or girl?

11 comments:

Alison said...

Sounds like a boy this time! :) I've read rather than experienced that morning sickness is less with boys than with girls. Who knows? Only time will tell. I was sick for 4 months with my daughter. My doctor, like yours, was concerned about my lack of weight gain. Hopefully, this will pass soon and you'll be feeling better.

Frustrated Mom said...

Who can tell?? With my daughter, I was sick until I was 6 months pregnant. With my son on the other hand, I was sick until the day he was born. Guess every one is different! Congratulations!

Greg said...

Have you considered that you may be nauseous all the time because of the food you are eating? j/k

Alison said...

Oh, frustrated, that must have been horrible! I thought I had it bad, but at least I could enjoy the last half of my pregnancy. Just goes to show you shouldn't believe everything you read! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations girl! I hope your morning sickness goes away soon... mine lasted for 4 1/2 months with my first daughter, but my second girl did not give me much of this kind of trouble.
My sister just had her 3rd baby, she was hoping for a boy as her pregnancy seemed different to her this time. It's hard to tell....
Wishing you a very healthy beautiful baby...
Sorry I have not been in touch lately, have been busy with Real Estate. It's going well so far.
Take care,
hugs/Yiota

Anonymous said...

Congrats! sounds like a boy to me.... I have 2 of them and with both it was spicy food with my daughter it was fresh fruit , pasta and jello....good luck with the morning sickness!

Birdie said...

YAY!!!!! I'm voting Boy. I hope you're feeling better soon, sweetie! I bet your man will take great care of you. Are you excited? Picking out names yet??? Lots of love to you today.

Alison said...

Are you feeling any better yet, or do we need to send in the muppets to help take care of you?

Rosa* said...

Thanks for all the comments and well wishes guys! I am feeling some better. Starting to get a little bit of my energy back and haven't been NEARLY as sick as I was with either of my girls. We won't find out what this one is until somewhere around the middle of May. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! I'll try to post an update soon. Right now I'm trying to catch up on my business that I've been neglecting! ugh! :)

Cori said...

I think it will be a boy.Strong flavors?Spicy? Well maybe a girl.

Greg said...

Hey! You need to make a post D!