Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Time for a Nap!

We got off to a rough start this morning and I think that it affected us all more than I previously thought. I could not wake "Big Sister" (the oldest one...my 4 year old) up for Kindergarten this morning. She always goes to bed by 8:00 pm, but she is still impossible to drag out of bed in the mornings. I literally pulled her limp little body out from under the covers and dressed her like she was a big ragdoll. Pushed her little zombie-booty down the hall to the kitchen where she proceeded to stare listlessly at her muffin and milk. After urging her to hurry up and eat, I abandoned her to go dress the other two and point them towards their breakfast, and then finally to dress myself. I don't mind driving her to school with the hair in a ponytail and no makeup, but I do prefer to at least have all the essentials covered. Not to mention the fact that it was 23 degrees outside when we got up this morning. Anyway, we finally made it to the Kindergarten (more than 15 minutes late). Good thing I got dressed because I had to take "Big Sister" in the front door, down the stairs where I shoved her towards her teacher and ran back to where I had temporarily abandoned the other two rugrats. Then I went to my Mom's where "Little Sister" and "Baby Sister" played until time to go back and pick "Big Sister" up. By the time we got home, everyone was tired and hungry. The girls ate their lunch (thank God for Wendy's 99 cent chicken nuggets) and played while I finished up my own. Suddenly I heard Big Sister crying in the hallway. "What is it this time?" I called. "Little Sister has my imaginary bicycle and she won't give it back!" came the reply. I got up and looked, and sure enough, Little Sister was riding an imaginary bicycle down the hallway, waving proudly. "*big sigh* If it's an imaginary bicycle, just imagine yourself another one..." I said. "But MOMMMMY, I want THAT one!!!!" I had to laugh. I mean really...when they start argueing over imaginary toys...it's time for ALL of us to take a nap! :)

3 comments:

Greg said...

Well...

I am sure the WAS a difference between the first imaginary bike and the second one...

lol.

Riot.

Alison said...

LOL! Did you get Little Sister off the bike and tell her to imagine her own? :)

Alison said...

LOL! Did you get Little Sister off the bike and tell her to imagine her own? :)