Thursday, March 09, 2006

*** Late Breaking News ***

OH MY GOSH! I'm so excited! My two year old all of a sudden decided that she wanted to use the big potty today. When she woke up from her nap this afternoon she said that she wanted to use the potty, so I put her little padded seat with handles ontop of the regular potty, helped her "wiggle wiggle wiggle" her pull-up panties down, and plopped her little naked bottom on the throne. Then I just left her alone. Walked out of the room to attend to the baby and in a few minutes I heard "MOMMY! I made tee tee come out of my bottom!" LOL Sure enough..she had done her business and was waiting on me to assist with the final paperwork. We had a miniature celebration in the bathroom after watching the potty flush and waving "bye bye" to tee-tee. Then she got to pick a treat out of the goody basket. Well, after that she went twice more in the big potty. Then tonight while we were getting ready for bed, she asked to go again. Her big sister assisted her in mounting the porcelain pony, and she sat and sat and sat. We yelled at her asking if she was okay and did she need help getting down. "Nope" came the reply. So we let her sit there. To be honest...I almost forgot about her. Then suddenly "Princess" starting yelling "Bugga Bugga" made a dirty in the potty! Sure enough..she had!!! All by herself with no coaching or encouragement! We made a big deal over her and told her that if she continues to go in the big potty all the time, that we will take her to Walmart and let her pick out her very own "big girl panties" with whatever cartoon character she wanted. That made her really excited. We tucked her into bed tonight with visions of "fruit of the looms" dancing in her head.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so jealous I can't even comment! :) You know you're a mommy when you envy the mother of another child who will go in the potty when your child won't. LOL

overactive-imagination said...

I'm so happy for you. I told you girls were easy to train. You did everything right, showed her all the steps and then let her do it at her own pace. Us mommy folks, we rock huh?
Congrats!!
Dawn

PS. Have you seen the Monk-e-mails ?
You could send one to her about being a big girl and using the potty.