Wednesday, December 22, 2004

In the Spirit of Christmas

I just found this blog today and was struck by this woman's burden to bear this Christmas. Just after hurrican Ivan came through, she was abandoned by her husband who is also purposely witholding from her the insurance money much needed to make repairs on the home she shares with her two daughters. Part of said insurance money was also supposed to be used to replace most of her daughter, Amanda's clothing and belongings that were destroyed by the storm. Up until two days ago... the three ladies did not even have a Christmas tree due to their financial situation. As it is, Dawn is struggling to provide a Christmas for her girls while the soon to be ex-husband intentionally withholds family funds preventing her from succeeding. If you believe this blogger is for real and can find it in your heart to help...here is her blog link. http://overactiveimagination.blogspot.com . I'm sure that anything you can do will be appreciated...whether you make a financial donation, send cards or gifts (even if they are late), or just offer a few words of encouragement and prayers.

God Bless to All
Have a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Rosa* said...

I know that some of you may fear that this is some kind of a fraud, but I really believe that this is a family in need. The two daughters are ages 18, and 12. They are from Pensacola, Florida. Being an Avon lady, thought what better to send two teenaged girls than Avon stuff? So I am sending them two gifts baskets full of Avon products.

overactive-imagination said...

Awww, Thank you Dana!! I didn't even know until just a few minutes ago that you had posted a link to me. How sweet of you to do that. I am very thankful for the gifts that you are sending my girls. I never thought that someone might think that I am a fraud, I guess I am just naive that way. You are a real sweetheart. Thank you so much again!!!

Dawn