Thursday, December 02, 2004

Calling all Bookworms!

I don't know how many of you love to read, but I certainly do. Not that I have a whole lot of time on my hands with two small children running around and trying to develope my Avon business as well, but reading is something that I generally try to make time for. I tuck the girls in bed by 8, my husband in bed by 9 (on nights that he has to work the next morning) and then I run to the bathroom with a good book and a bottle of bubble bath! That is MY time. Run the water as warm as it will get without burning my behind....fill it with scented bubbles...(whatever the flavor of the week happens to be)....inflate my bathtub pillow and sink up to my nose in both, the luxuriously scented steamy water and a good book. Granted I've run across a few that were not so good...you still can't prove to me that my life was not enriched even the tiniest bit by my having read them. Even if you learned how to use one single word that you were not aware of....or read one random fact of interest regardless of it's usefulness, then to me the book was worth reading. Having said that, I recently found my list of the most widely read and studied literary works ever, and have decided to continue my quest of attempting to read them all at some point before I leave this world. My question now...to you dear friends....is....CARE TO JOIN ME? If so, I will create another blog dedicated to acheiveing this lofty goal...set up in book club format. Come on...it will be fun! I promise to give you a while to read. I plan to split each book up into chapter assignments to be completed by a certain date. How does a book a month sound? Come on...live a little....live and learn! :)

2 comments:

Rosa* said...

Greg! *blushing* If I didn't know you were a happily married man, I might be worried! haha! :) And actually, if you read the post I left on your own blog, you'll know exactly where I was when you posted this. *grin*

:D said...

I would love to join you (in the bath or w/ the books. lol) I have wanted to do a bookclub thing on here for sometime because I can't find any "real" ones to fit my schedule, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Sign me up!