Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Literary Works 2

The next 30, in alphabetical order:

The Centaur -
The Color Purple - Alice Walker
Crime and Punishment - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
The Crucible - Arthur Miller
Cry, the Beloved Country - Alan Paton
Daisy Miller - Henry James
David Copperfield - Charles Dickens
The Dead -
Death of a Salesman - Arthur Miller
The Death of Ivan Ilyich -
Delta Wedding -
Desire Under the Elms -
The Deviners -
Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant -
Doctor Faustus - Christopher Marlowe
The Dollmaker -
A Doll's House - Ibsen
Don Quixote - Cervantes
Emma - Jane Austen
An Enemy of the People -
Equus -
Ethan Frome - Edith Wharton
The Eumenides -
The Fall -
A Farewell to Arms - Earnest Hemingway
Fathers and Sons - Turgenev
Frankenstein - Mary Shelley
Go Tell It On the Mountain - James Baldwin
The Glass Menagerie - Tennessee Williams
The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck

(to be continued...)

3 comments:

Rosa* said...

Kristen, Don't worry...I certainly didn't take that as an insult. LOL No, I'm not a language arts teacher, though had I actually graduated, I probably would have been. I was/am an Engish major in college and probably would have taught college level Literature. Right now, though, I'm just a stay-at-home Mom who loves to read and enjoys the classics...Shakespeare especially. :)

Anonymous said...

Englishrose, those books on your list are wonderful! Great choice girl! I will pick a few and read as soon as I get the hang of my Real Estate training!!! Please keep your posting list for a few days till I fix my printer so I can print your list before you remove your posting.
Which one are you reading now?
Yiota

Rosa* said...

Hey Yiota!
Thanks! I just sent you the "key" to my new reading room blog. There is a complete list of titles posted there. Just go to: http://readingrose.blogspot.com See ya there! ;)