Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Literary Works 1

I thought I would post this in case any of you wanted to join me in my pathetic attempt to be extra scholarly. Haha. Seriously....the list below contains the most "famous" and most often studied literary works ever (according to data taken from college polls and literature examinations). My attempt is to be able to say that I have read each of these literary masterpieces sometime before I drop dead. (The ones I have read are in red...no pun intended). The first 30, in alphabetical order, are as follows:

A Midsummer Night's Dream - William Shakespeare
The Age of Innocence - Edith Wharton
Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - Mark Twain
All My Sons - Arthur Miller
All the Pretty Horses - Cormac McCarthy
America is in the Heart -
An American Tragedy -
Theodore Dreiser
Anna Karenina - Leo Tolstoy
Another Country - James Baldwin
Antigone
Antony and Cleopatra -
William Shakespeare
The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz
As I Lay Dying - William Faulkner
As You Like It - William Shakespeare
The Awakening - Kate Chopin
The Bear
Beloved
Benito Cereno -
Billy Budd - Herman Melville
The Birthday Party
Bleak House -
Charles Dickens
Bless Me, Ultima
Brave New World -
Aldous Huxley
The Bluest Eyes
The Brothers Karamazov -
Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Candide - Voltaire
The Caretaker
Catch 22 -
Joseph Heller
Cat's Eye - Margaret Eleanor Atwood
Ceremony

No comments: