Tuesday, January 04, 2005

An Unexpected Addition

Four years ago, two weeks after our wedding...Alan bought me a black and tan, miniature weenie dog that we named Amos (officially "Little Amos") for a wedding present. Alan worked 12 hour night shifts then and I was alone every evening. Amos was a great little buddy and lots of company, which is why the spoiled rotten little beast still sleeps in our bed under the covers every night. Anyway, we had always intended to get him a "mate" but then our first daughter, Cat, came along followed two years later by our second one - Ash, and we just haven't had the time or effort to put into getting another dog. Amos is AKC registered with a good bloodline and family lineage. We paid too much for him but he's worth every penny. Since then however, we haven't had the money to purchase him a girlfriend, though from time to time we have looked around. Today was a typical day. I was trying to get caught up with my Avon business and keep the girls fed, clean, and for the most part satisfied. Alan was at work until he got off at 6:00 pm. When he came home however, he didn't come alone. I met him at the car and was immediatly attacked by a little black and tan bundle of energy. Yep! He brought home a little 5 month old female, black and tan, miniature weenie dog puppy! She too will be AKC registered as soon as we send the paper work in. (Her parents are full-blooded and registered). She was given to him by a lady he met today who was looking for a good adoptive family for her baby. She was having to move and could not take her puppy with her, but wanted her to go to a family who would keep her indoors and love her and spoil her rotten. Alan saw the lady with the puppy and just commented on how beautiful the puppy was. He then told her that we had been looking for a mate for our dog who looks exactly like her and is spoiled rotten - even sleeping in the bed. The woman told him...you have just found one. I'm looking for an adoptive family for "Pepper" and if you want her... you are it. So we have a new addition to our ever-growing family. Pepper who when her registration papers are complete will be renamed "Lady Abagail" and called "Abby." Here she is:

Our New Addition - Lady Abagail (Abby) Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Ed said...

What happened to the beautiful photo of yourself and your daughter?

I love dogs. We've had our rescued greyhound for three years now, since 2 January 2002.

It's wonderful that you were able to provide a new home for Abby - she looks lovely.

Princess of Power said...

I too have a weenie dog! I can never remember how to spell the actual name correctly so weenie dog will have to do. I got him for my husband for Valentine's Day two years ago. Mackey is a short-haired red miniature!

Rosa* said...

Ed,
I really didn't intend to leave it up. Was swapping some pics with Greg and just forgot to take it down! *embarrassed*

Princess,
Aren't weenie dogs great?!?! I think it's spelled dachshund. It's hard for me to remember too. We have a pair of black and tans now. I'll have to post the picture of Amos...my first "child". LOL :)