Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Family Funnies - part 1

(Caitlyn – age 4 & Ashlyn – age 2)

“The Imaginary Bicycle”
One morning I was sitting at my computer desk in the den when I heard an awful commotion in the hallway. “Girls!” I yelled. “What in the world is going on?” “Mommmmeeee” Caitlyn yelled. “Ashy stoled my imaginary bicycle and she won’t give it back!!!” I got up and looked, and sure enough, Ashlyn was riding an imaginary bicycle down the hall! “Well Caitie,” I said. “If it’s an imaginary bicycle, just imagine yourself another one!” “But Mommmeee…” came the reply. “I don’t want another bike..I want THAT one!”

“The Treadmill”
The girls and I had stopped at Nana and Papa’s house to visit on a Thursday that Chris was working security for the Nascar race in Talladega. Mom and Dad have several pieces of exercise equipment out in their sun room, and the girls like to play on it – especially the big workout ball and the mini trampoline. It was getting close to time for lunch, and Ashlyn was complaining about being hungry. I had already told the girls that we would stop at McDonald’s on the way home to get a Happy Meal. So when Caitie asked Nana what one of the pieces of exercise equipment was called, Nana said, “that’s a treadmill.” Ashlyn…who was sitting in Nana’s lap at the time, piped up and said “I don’t want a treadmill… I want a CHICKEN meal!”

“It’s Potty Time”
We were so excited when Ashlyn (soon to be 3 yrs old) finally decided that she was ready to use the “big girl potty.” She had made up her mind that she was done with diapers. One day while she was playing she jumped quickly to her feet and ran down the hall towards the kids’ bathroom, yelling “Move, I need to make a dirty!” Needless to say, we all quickly got out of her way. I headed towards the bathroom to provide assistance… when she suddenly stopped in her tracks, and headed back to her room. “Oh…wait a minute.” She said. She quickly returned to the bathroom with something in her hands. It was her Baby Animals board book, which she promptly laid on the back of the toilet before taking her seat.


“Where’s the Dog?”It was a quiet afternoon and the girls were lying on the floor in the den, coloring and drawing while I worked at my desk. Every once in a while, I glanced down to see the progress they had made on their pictures. Our oldest daughter (who is 4) had done a commendable job drawing a sun, clouds, some birds, a tree, a doghouse, grass, and what I thought to be a hole in the ground (maybe for a chipmunk or some such creature). When she finished her drawing, she came to show it to me. “Look at what I drew Mommy!” she said. I once again took note of her picture before replying “that’s great baby… but what happened to the dog?” “Oh!” she says. “He ran off…” Then, pointing to what I thought was a hole in the ground she continued… “but he left his poop behind!”

3 comments:

Alison said...

LOL My 2 year old has to have her potty book (a specific book that always seems to be missing when she wants to go potty) and a box of tic tacs (I have no idea why) when she goes potty. But if she's starting to get the hang of it, I'll go with it.

TitanThirteen said...

Hi :o)
I just posted a messege on your blog but it didn't go anywhere lol.
How did you work out how to put the blinkies on the sidebar? I can't figure that out and i just put one per post on my blog,but that doesn't look as good.
Congrats on losing 30lbs :o)

Rosa* said...

Cactus, I have to approve the comments before they will show up. :) Thanks for the compliments on my blog and my weight loss. I gained a ton of weight with my last pregnancy and I"m still working on getting it off. I've lost 33 lbs. so far...but I've hit the slow point where it's not coming off as quickly and it's hard not to get frustrated. Anyway, about the blinkies. You just have to have a place online to store them (I use www.photobucket.com because it's free). Then you just collect/steal blinkies and upload them to the site. That site is great because it creates the "tags" for you to post automatically. Then you just copy and paste them into your sidebar (when it gets back to the side! LOL)