Wednesday, September 08, 2004

My Best Friend - Then and Now... Part 5

In April, my prayers and messages were answered. I found JJ again, and we began chatting online...catching up on all that we had missed in the time that had passed. She had just gotten married to a guy 6 years her senior in January. (I knew she was engaged but didn't know about her wedding until we talked again.) The sad thing is, that I discovered that we didn't have very much to talk about. I know that I had changed, but so had she. The watercolor painting of the person I had thought of as my best friend for so many years was no longer an accurate portrayal. However, to my surprise and delight I had discovered a new friend. Yep, you guessed it -- her brother, Alan. We met nearly every night between 7 and 10 pm. to chat online. There was a strange kind of bond forming between us that was astonishing to us both. We already knew a great deal about each other, because of our past familial ties, yet words cannot even begin to describe the immediate connection we shared. Somehow I was able to sense when he was online. I could be in the middle of a phonecall, class, or meal and just KNOW that Alan had signed on. And THAT's where the trouble began. I was getting seriously addicted to this guy. Not just any guy..my best friend's brother. And I had another problem. I had just begun a new relationship with a guy from another school -- an extremely sensitive...extremely religious guy...who at the age of 24 had never been kissed...until me. Oops. (Too be continued...)

1 comment:

Birdie said...

Hee hee! A great story so far, EnglishR! Workin' two guys at once, now that's some talent!