Thursday, September 09, 2004

My Best Friend - Then and Now... Part 6

I had to end it...and fast. My tender sensibilities would not allow me to continue my relationship with "Phil" when all I could think about night and day was Alan and when I would get to chat with him next. He consumed my every thought and action. I was completely obsessed. Luckily for me, the obsession seemed to be mutual, though I will be the first to admit it was stronger on my end. But then I knew something that Alan had yet to realize. I will explain about that later. I decided to be completely honest with Phil. Yes, I cared about him deeply. I loved him....just not the way he wanted me too. I just came right out and told him that there was someone else in the picture to whom I found myself inexplicably drawn. It was more than that really...I felt as though God had sent me a message in the clearest form... like being zapped with a lightening bolt. When I came to, all I could hear was the voice in my head saying "he is the one" and then my own inner voice who said "better not screw it up!" Being the Godly man he was (and still is) Phil understood, though I know I caused him pain. We didn't speak for over a year because ...well..to put it frankly, he wasn't over me yet. I talked to him again several months ago, and though he has moved on now... at age 28, I am still the only person he has ever kissed. (At least I know his first and only kiss was a good one! haha) Enough of that, now back to Alan. I couldn't believe how fast things seemed to be moving...as if I could actually feel the Earth rotating on its axis beneath my feet. It had only been three days since we had begun talking online and I was already well on my way to being in love with this guy. And then came April 12th -- the first time he called me. Knowing that he was about to phone, my stomach was churning. More pteradactyls than butterflys, I almost felt sick. Then it rang. Once... (let it ring) Twice...(didn't want to seem TOO eager)...Three times....(third time is the charm right?) I reached for the receiver with trembling fingers... "Hello?" I said. "Hey Baby" came the reply. Oh God that voice! As smooth and rich and soothing as homemade vanilla icecream on a hot summer day. As sexy and irrestible as that ripple of choclate syrup swirling around the bowl. (To be continued...)

2 comments:

Deborah Kaye said...

Come back here and finish this story!

Rosa* said...

heartrunes: if you will post or email me your addy, I'll let you know when my little saga is updated. :) Thanks for reading!

PS> my email: craz4acop7@peoplepc.com