Monday, April 11, 2005

One Step Forward...

Well, we heard from our mortgage broker today and the "underwriting" on our loan is being processed and we should have it in our hands no later than Friday of this week. After that the next step is to contact our lawyer and arrange a meeting for him to litigate the actual "closing" of the sale. Which means that there are some documents that will have to be sent to his office beforehand such as the "termite bond" and our proof of insurance, etc. I'm fuzzy on all the details myself. I will just be glad when everything is finalized and this part of our journey is over. I'm actually kinda looking forward to the move. I packed my first box today. Of course it wasn't much since I'm not allowed to do a whole lot by myself right now. But I took down all the pictures on the walls and collected all my framed photos off the mantel and packed them neatly away for future transfer. I guess I will attack my Precious Moments collection next. I probably have about 50 pieces that need to be taken down, dusted, and carefully bubble-wrapped and repacked in their orignial boxes. Since we are not sure yet if we will be closing at the end of this month or the next then I don't know how long I have to actually pack for the move. I decided it was probably safe to go ahead and start packing away all the decorative things, and seasonal stuff that we don't use everyday. Of course if we are going to be closing in three weeks or less I will really have to get my butt in gear! LOL

2 comments:

Greg said...

I hate moving. Yuck. We just went through this ordeal and all I can say is: I am glad it's you and not me.

;)

Great to have you back D.

Alison said...

Sounds like everything is moving on track for you.

Moving sucks. No doubt about it, but in the end it's worth it!