Friday, April 08, 2005

Sorry for the Neglect

Okay...here is my first post (thanks to Joy who emailed me to see if I had fallen in a hole... lol ) following a long time of neglect for which I am offering a sincere apology. The truth is, I've been so busy that I completely forgot that I even HAD a blog! How bad is that? We are in the process of buying our first home (we currently rent), and dealing with Realtors and our financial company on a daily basis, on top of keeping up with my three year old and 18 month old...accompanied by my being nearly 4 months pregnant now has been...um...EXHAUSTING to say the least! :) Things are going well though. So far baby and I are both healthy. We should find out baby's gender about this time next month. As for the house-hunting, we have put a contract down on a nice 3 bedroom / 2 bathroom home that is just perfect for us. The contract has been signed by the owners and returned to us. Our financing has been approved, so now we are just waiting on the papers we need to get here so that we can head to the lawyer's office for closing. We hope to start moving in by June 1st. God knows it's going to take me the next two months to get everything packed up. I've never attempted a move during a pregnancy before and I'm sure it will be a challenge. Especially when you consider that I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than 5-10 lbs, stand on chairs or step-stools, or reach above my head. Fortunatly several friends have volunteered some help so I guess I'll pack boxes, tape 'em, and point to where they go! (While trying to refrain from packing my kiddies up in one too! LOL) Thanks for all the thoughts and well wishes!

3 comments:

Greg said...

Who.Are.You? Lol. Missed ya! But, my question is: You actually forgot you had a blog??? (Wash your mouth out with soap!) Congrats on the new house! Hope all goes well with the move! Maybe keep us informed with how it goes? ;) (Hint.Hint.) Also, glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well. I will keep checking back for your NEXT post.

Alison said...

Glad to hear that your house hunting paid off and you found a great house!

Also glad to hear that you and the baby are doing well, and I assume that he morning sickness has abated.

Good luck with the packing! It's never fun, but having a new house will be! :)

Rosa* said...

Ben,
Thanks. I consider myself thouroughly chastized. I will try to refrain from such long posting delays in the future. (At least until the computer is loaded onto the back of the moving truck).

A,
Yes, thank goodness the house hunting FINALLY paid off. Now if I just had some energy to pack! LOL