Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Pink or Blue...Care to Guess?

Well friends, tomorrow at 2:00 pm, Alan and I go to my doctor's office in the hospital (we usually go to our local clinic for regular visits) for the ultrasound which will tell us -- among numerous other things -- the gender of our third child. Care to hazard a guess? I'm not sure I can. Based on previous history, I would guess a girl, since we already have two daughters. At the same time, my pregnancies with those two daughters were nearly identical. I didn't have QUITE as much morning sickness with the second as the first...but all-in-all, I was still pretty "green." This pregnancy, however, has been nothing like my first two which would lead me to guess that perhaps it is a boy. It's weird really. I have no instinctive feelings one way or the other this time. I KNEW with my first two that they were both girls. In fact, I even dreamed exactly what they would look like before they were born. I knew that Cat would have dark hair, dark eyes (eventually of course) and her daddy's dimples. Just like I dreamed that my second daughter would have blonde, curly hair...and her daddy's dimples. And so they both do. With this baby though, even my poor dreams are confused. The first time I dreamed about the baby, I dreamed it was a girl. Then the second time I dreamed it was a boy, and a few nights ago... I dreamed we had fraternal twins...one boy and one girl. (Heaven forbid..LOL). Oh well. I guess we'll know soon enough. Last chance to get your vote in before the mystery is (hopefully) revealed. :)

Wish us luck and send your prayers please.

4 comments:

Frustrated Mom said...

I'm gonna guess Boy. With mine, I was horribly sick with morning sickness. Just a guess. Hope everything turns out okay.

Alison said...

Hmmm....twins? One dream about a boy and one about a girl? LOL!

I'm guessing boy. That's my final answer. :)

Greg said...

Hey D! We found out today as well... let's just say the Chinese calendar that we figured out was accurate. Sydney got pregnant in January. Did you keep our sheet?

I am guessing a girl. ;)

Alison said...

The Chinese calendar was accurate for my daughter, and if it's right for this one, I'm pregnant with a son.

So, what's the verdict? Boy or girl? :)