Friday, May 06, 2005

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!

Well, tomorrow is May 7th and tomorrow night Alan and I will be going to the Braves game. The Atlanta Braves play the Houston Astros tomorrow night in Atlanta at 7:35. I am looking forward to going for several reasons. One being the fact that I adore baseball -- pretty much any kind. MLB, college, Minor League...doesn't matter. I can almost always get into the game. I also have quite an impressive baseball card collection, though I have to admit I don't have any recent additions. Probably the "newest" card I have is a 2002. I just don't have time to keep up with stuff. Though occasionally I do buy a factory sealed complete set as a gift for Alan. I like to be able to buy two though. One to leave sealed, and one to dig through. :) Anyway, the other reason I'm looking forward to the game is because it's the first "date night" Alan and I have had without the kids in....um....geez...I guess since I bought him tickets for his birthday LAST YEAR! The only other time we have been together without the kids was in the hospital the few hours before our second daughter was born. Of course technically we WILL have ONE of the kids with us. LOL But at least this one is pretty obscure, and lacks the capability of hollering "mommy, mommy, mommy!!!" every five minutes. Though it does squirm every once in a while just to remind me it's there. (Not that my Chinese food eating, feet swelling, and having to pee every five minutes body is likely to forget.) I bought a parking pass when I ordered the tickets so we won't have to walk five miles to get to the stadium. AND we are sitting in the Lexus level which is an upgrade from last year's seats. I just hope I can sit back, relax, and enjoy the game without worrying about the kids and whether or not they have tortured and tormented the poor babysitter. Did I mention she will be keeping them from 3:00 pm until around midnight?

3 comments:

Greg said...

Sydney is really into Chicken Chow Mein right now as well. What is it with pregnant ladies and Chinese Food? ;) Hope your date was fun and your team won.

Rosa* said...

Ben,
I don't know about the food...but it SURE is YUMMY! :) Have you and Syd found out if you are having a boy or girl yet? Our date was fun (except the one hour unplanned detour on the way home)and the Braves did win! YEA!

Alison said...

What great fun! When I was in college, I would go to every (no matter what the weather) game. I love to keep score, so the section I sat in started calling me "Stat Girl."

Glad to hear that you had a great time. Hope the kids didn't run off your babysitter! :)