Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Starting Out in the Can

Well, this day has certainly gotten off to an interesting start. I had a Dr's appointment at 8:30 this morning, so I had to get up pretty early to get the kids' breakfast made, grab a bite for myself to eat, shower, dress, and get ready to go. To top all that off, I was worried about getting back home from the doctor's in time for Alan to have the car to take to work. He can't afford to be late, because it might mess up all the extra security jobs for himself and everyone else too. Anyway, I was running late. I was just about to grab my keys and head out the door when "almost 2" comes bounding down the hall demanding that I "wash bankie" which of course is the pink blanket with the teddybear head and arms that accompanies her 24/7 wherever she goes. I thought her request was a bit unusual since she usually pitches a fit whenever I actually do throw the blankie bear in the wash. She doesn't like to be without it for even the brief time it takes for it to go through the wash and dry cycles of the machines. With barely a second glance I told her that it was okay, Mommy would wash him later. That's when I noticed that he was dripping water. Oh great! She wasn't asking me to wash him, she was telling me that she had already done so! AND to make matters worse, the only thing she could have reached to wash him in was.... (you guessed it)...the potty! I am now back home (duh) and anxiously awaiting the aforemention blankie's deliverance from the dryer. He's already been through a heavy duty wash cycle with bleach! We have a relatively child-proof house. We put the child locks on all the cabinets and drawers, and we have the child safety doorknobs on all the exterior doors as well as the doors to the bathrooms that usually prevent the kids from being able to open them on their own. HOWEVER, in my determination to NOT be late for my appointment this morning, I neglected to fully close the door to the master bathroom. "Almost 2" apparantly decided that it would be fun to "wash" blankie bear herself in the Tyd-Bowl blue toilet water. I guess I should just be grateful that the water wasn't green!

2 comments:

Greg said...

So is blanky purple now?

Alison said...

She was just trying to help. :) She thought mommy looked like she was in a rush, so she thought she would help with the laundry. :)