Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Homemade Heaven

I recently gave in to the urge to splurge and by myself that electric homemade icecream maker I have been debating over for the past few weeks. We have a new house, with a beautiful stained deck overlooking a huge backyard. All of which made me think to myself...what could be better than sitting on some patio furniture under and umbrella, enjoying some homemade ice-cream and watching the kids and dog run around in the backyard. Well, I finally gave into temptation and ordered both the patio furniture and the icecream maker from Brylane Kitchen. Boy am I glad I was weak! LOL I made my first ever batch of homemade icecream last night. Plain vanilla, and then I added some fresh peaches that I pureed. OMG! It is delicious! Wickedly, sinfully delicious. (And with that, I'm off to fetch another bowl full!)

6 comments:

Frustrated Mom said...

We, too, just bought a homemade ice cream maker. We used vanilla yogurt, bananas, chocolate chips and walnut pieces and it tasted just like Ben & Jerry's "Chunky Monkey". I don't think the cost aspect of it was cheaper than just buying ice cream, but it was something fun to do. We want to make another batch this weekend. We'll have to decide what flavor!

Greg said...

AND... to top it all off... it will be great memories for the kids... (Helps you justify your purchase doesn't it?) ;)

Alison said...

We made homemade ice cream a couple of weekends ago. It was wonderful. My parents have an electric ice cream maker that they got as a wedding present (30 years ago), and it still works great. Like frustated mom said, I don't think it's cheaper to make your own (actually, I think it's more expensive), but it's so worth it. Especially if there's a peach tree in your parents' backyard. Fresh peaches with homemade ice cream. Mmmmmmm......

Rosa* said...

FMom - Sounds wonderful. I've never tried "Chunky Monkey" but then I'm not much of a banana fan. If you get fancy with it, it's probably a lot more expensive to make your own. Plain vanilla with fresh fruit is pretty cheap though. Can't wait till the we can go blueberry pickin! :)

Ben - So true. My girls LOVE icecream and now they can help me make it!

A - We have a peach tree and two apple trees in our "new" backyard! I was so excited. I forsee some homemade apple pies, caramel apples, and spiced apples this fall! :)

Alison said...

Thanks a lot! Now I'm craving homemade apple pie, and the M&Ms I was eating are not cutting it! :)

Anonymous said...

I'd like to know people of other countries for friendship. I'm from São Paulo, Brazil! I’m inviting you to know my homepage in portuguese, of course but interesting! Bye