Monday, June 06, 2005

Home Sweet Home

Well, we survived...thanks to some REALLY great friends who not only helped us move, but helped us paint, bought us dinner, and cut the grass at the old house and helped us clean it out before we turned in the keys. Let me just say that I am LOVING the new house. Even with all the huge boxes sitting around and getting in the way. We spent the first night in our new house on Wednesday. Fortunatly we had the presense of mind to get the beds unpacked and reassembled first. We climbed into bed on Wednesday night and Alan and I had the same thought. It felt like we were staying in a hotel suite or at someone else's home. It was great. (Only way it could have been better is if he and I hadn't both been so dead-tired!...LOL) ANYWAY...it took us until Saturday to completely get all of our stuff out of the other house. I haven't felt very well the past two days. Apparantly I overdid this week because I started having contractions Saturday afternoon, and I'm only 22 weeks. (23 tomorrow). I was more than a little worried, but Alan brought me home and literally put me to bed and would not let me lift a finger. Our friends finished helping him clean out the old house and brought us dinner Saturday night. We all slept in on Sunday, and I got most of the kitchen stuff unpacked. There are still about 6 huge boxes in there...but at least I have found enough plates, bowls, cups etc. for us to use in the meantime, and I've managed to get all the "pantry food" put away. Alan went back to work for the first time in a week today. I miss him. I'm not feeling well today either. Kinda nauseous. Did not accomplish a whole lot today. Oh well. We have all the time in the world now. As long as we can eat, sleep, and shower...I'm not in a HUGE hurry. It's getting increasingly difficult to manage things by myself and this pregnancy gets further along. Thank you all for the kind comment. Alan just walked in the door so I'm going to cut this short and go find him. *Hugs to all!*

2 comments:

Alison said...

I assume that your contractions stopped since you've been doing a little work around the house.

It sounds like you husband is keeping your from doing too much, so I hope you feel much better soon. As the unpacking gets further and further, I'm sure your house will become even more comfortable.

Glad to hear the move went well. :)

Greg said...

Welcome Home!