Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Missing in Action

There was another amusing incident that occurred today. My Avon order which I usually receive on Friday had been missing in action until it finally decided to show up this morning. I had left instructions with UPS when I changed our mailing address to have all packages left by the side door under the breezeway where they wouldn't get soaked if it rained. It never occurred to me exactly HOW close to the breezeway the fenced in backyard is. At least not until I was about to get the laundry out of the dryer this morning when I heard an awful shriek followed by ferocious barking. Naturally I ran to the backdoor to see what in the world was going on. I got there just in time to see my Avon order (two nice sized boxes) flying through the air to land haphazardly on my doorstep, and the rear view of a quickly retreating UPS delivery-lady. Apparantly she and our German Shepherd who resides in the back yard startled each other. I laughed until tears came out of my eyes. I bet that poor UPS girl was glad her uniform was already brown. *chuckling*.

5 comments:

Greg said...

Yeah... but the question is: Will she ever come back??

Alison said...

lol...ben and I were thinking along the same lines...

Rosa* said...

Fortunatly she is not our regular delivery driver. Ours is a large bald guy who is on vacation this week. LOL

Greg said...

You're fortunate. lol.

Anonymous said...

I always wondered why UPS delivery folks wore brown!