Saturday, October 01, 2005

An Early Arrival!

Yes, there is a very good reason why I have not posted in SO long. I have been feeling rather yucky in these last few weeks of my pregnancy, and my visits to the doctor have been much more frequent. That however, has now come to an end as our third daughter (who will for now be referred to as "BabyBug") made her grand entrance into the world two weeks early. After having been to the doctor three times in one week, my labor was induced at 5:30 a.m. on Tuesday morning due to my blood pressure which had been high for several days and was continuing to rise. Baby Bug was born at 11:20 am on Tuesday, September 27th weighing 6lbs 13ozs. and measuring 19 1/2 inches long. She is a perfectly healthy, happy, beautiful baby girl! Alan and I are amazed at what a great demeanor she has. She eats well and sleeps well. She is always happy, never cries, and only makes the slightest fuss to let us know that she is hungry or in need of a change. Otherwise she is content to sit or lie wherever we put her, looking around curiously and happily at the world around her. God has truly blessed our family!



Happy Birthday! Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Greg said...

What a cutie! I went into the Hosptial tuesday at 12:30 pm and didn't deliver until 1:47 am on Wednesday so we just missed it! He came the wrong way which made the delivery much longer and painful than need be! Again congrats! Little one is crying and my milk is on the way....

overactive-imagination said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable. She weighs exactly the same as my eldest daughter did at birth and the same length TOO!!
Rest up when you can, you know the drill.
Hugs to you and your family!
Dawn

Rosa* said...

Syd, bless your heart! Now we know why God makes 'em so adorable...to make it all worth it!!! I was fortunate. I went into labor around 6:30 am and she was born at 11:30. I was only in labor about 5 hours with all three of mine.

Dawn, thanks! I think she might have been bigger had she lasted the full 40 weeks, but she was born two weeks early. My other two were 6 lbs 10 oz. and 6 lbs. 12 oz, so she fit right in! :)

Greg said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Happy Birthday BabyBug!

Very exciting D!

Alison said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful! I hope you are feeling better now. :)