Saturday, October 22, 2005

I am Tired of Being Pooped On!!!

*Sigh* Yes, you read that right. I am tired of being pooped on..in oh so many ways....by the baby, by my two-year old, by life in general. It has been one doosy of a week! I haven't blogged in forever because I'm doing good to be up and dressed...sometimes that last part is not even accomplished. A combination of sheer mental and physical exhaustion, getting up every 3 hours at night to feed the baby, a little depression, a lot of frustration, and the fact that I just plain like to stay in bed when it's cool outdoors (which it has been lately) have all contributed to the fact that I dragged myself out of the bed around 1:00 this afternoon and even that took a considerable amount of willpower. I can't even begin to describe what the last few weeks have been like. There are so many cliche phrases I could use but none could quite encompass the true nature of what I am feeling. One prime example of said phrase...."when it rains..it pours." Amen. Here goes. I had the baby three weeks ago...she's doing fine now that we changed her formula twice and FINALLY managed to clear up the worst case of diaper rash I've ever seen...poor thing. Just when she started being more content throughout the night (not having gas pains, or spitting up, or having bad diapers) and I thought I might actually get a little sleep, Alan had his wisdom teeth cut out on Monday. So after dragging his heavily drugged semi-unconcious butt home from the dentists office, I had 4 babies to take care of instead of three. He wasn't in much pain, but the medicine they used to knock him out while they did the oral surgery made him loopy and very nauseaous. Great! After sleeping for about 14 hours he finally came out of it and was able to help a little again. I still didn't want him walking around with the baby because I was afraid he'd get dizzy or sick and fall with her or drop her. But at least he was able to sit up and give her a bottle while I tended to everyone and everything else. One of which was changing a very stinky two-year old's diaper. OMG! I can't wait until she is potty trained! She stunk up the entire house!!! Then I gave the baby a bath and after I had JUST finished cleaning and drying her...was getting read to put on fresh clean clothes...she decides to poop. ALL OVER ME!!! In my hand (that was supporting her rear) and all over my leg. It was more than I could handle. I was yelling at Alan to come get her and gagging at the same time. Normally a dirty kid doesn't bother me. Gee...must make a difference when it's all warm and gooey and running down your thigh. Okay..that about sums up the literal pooping. Now for the figurative. We discovered this week that somehow while we were in the hospital having the baby, that some banking errors were made on our checking account that caused us to bounce not one...but FIVE checks. Now at a fee rate of $30 each...that's a hefty little sum. I never never never..bounce checks. I've had my checking account with the same bank branch for 10 years now and have maybe only bounced two in the entire time. So needless to say, I was in shock when I pulled up my account balance and it read -$360.00!!!! Alan called the bank and explained the situation and they graciously refunded $60.00 of the bounced check fees but we are still majorly in the hole. AND we have yet to pay our house payment or Cat's kindergarten tuition for this month and now cannot afford to do so. I don't know what we are going to do. I can't even buy groceries right now and we have nothing NOTHING in the house. No milk, bread, canned goods, cereal...no nothing. I can't even make a sandwhich. Fortunatly I had just bought diapers and formula before we bounced checks so the baby is taken care of ...but the rest of us are in trouble. On TOP of all that...our car broke down. Yes, the ONE car that Alan and I already struggle to share which gets him (or at least it did) back and forth to work and Cat to Kindergarten Monday through Friday. I am not a mechanical whiz when it comes to cars so I don't understand the entire concept...but basically something with the air conditioning system died, made a horrible clanking noise, and is killing off all it's friends by attacking them with metal shavings. So now we have to have a new AC compressor, condensor, belt, orafice tubes, etc. which will cost us around $300.00 in parts not counting the labor of whoever we can find that we can trust to put in in and not rip us off. And ontop of THAT...the right rear brake calliper is going bad and leaking brake fluid. AAARGGH!!! What a wonderful birthday present. Did I mention that next Sunday is my birthday? Ah well. Thanks for letting me vent!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You have a lot on your plate right now! I'm sorry to hear about the financial woes...been there myself, and it sucks. Hopefully things improve and quickly!!

Anonymous said...

Regarding the poop I CAN SO TOTALLY RELATE RIGHT NOW! I feel like the queen of poop! Hula Boy keeps pooping in his underwear. I thought we were done potty training. Guess not!

Alison said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the financial woes. I know it's very depressing and even harder when sleep is at a premium. When it rains, it does pour. I hope that things are better for you soon!

Greg said...

Wow.

Hope all gets better soon D.

Financial issues ALWAYS stress me out. Not a good deal.

I will definately keep you in my prayers. That's a lot to handle.