Thursday, August 19, 2004

Avon "Bites" the Dust

Wednesdays and Thursdays are typically what I refer to as my "Avon" days. I usually do a little bit of work every day: hand out some brochures, take a few orders, make some phone calls, etc. My new shipments come in on Wednesdays and so for the most part Wednesdays and Thursdays are devoted to bagging up orders, delivering them, handing out brochures for the upcoming campaign, and hopefully collecting several new orders as well. Not today. Why you ask? It all comes down to a tiny little thing called a tooth. Yes..I said a tooth. Just one. The catch is, it's the one tooth that my 12 month old daughter did not have yesterday but probably will have by tomorrow. Yep...you guessed it. We have "teething troubles." My normally happy-go-lucky, always smiling, never crying, bouncing baby girl has done a 360 into her evil "toothache twin." All day long she has been whiny and grumpy...not wanting to play, eat, or sleep. I picked her up...she cried to be put down. I put her down...she raised her arms to be picked up. The poor kid was miserable! She cried because she was hungry...then because she didn't feel like eating. She cried because she was sleepy, and then because she was in too much pain to sleep. Normally, teething does not affect her this way. She accumulated several teeth that my husband and I have no recollection of. She had two front teeth...then one day she had six! How or when they decided to arrive...we have no idea. However, the tooth she is cutting now is not a regular tooth. No..it's the Tyrannosaurus Tooth...a molar. This tooth makes a grand entrance unlike any other! It is accompanied on it's journey by a mild-mannered fever, and the not-so-dainty diarrhea. These three abhorrent amigos combine to make a very unhappy one year old, which in turn makes for a very unsuccessful Avon Lady day! Guess I'll have to put in some extra hours tomorrow. My husband will be home all weekend! TGIF! Thank God it's Friday? nope Toes Go in First? nope.... THANK GOD I'M FREE!

3 comments:

Zee said...

Aww! Big hugs, big hugs for both of you. I'm sure you'll make-up for your Avon day with a roar! :o)

Rosa* said...

Thanks for the much needed hugs Zee. My kids and husband are my life, but sometimes I swear I'm going to need a wig by the time I reach 30 (from pulling all my hair out!) I find a few more silver (not gray) hairs everyday and I'm only 24! LOL Oh well.

Anonymous said...

From Birdie: LOL! I've been dying my hair since I was 25. I don't even know what the real color is anymore. Grey hair? Heck if I know!