Monday, August 23, 2004

The Avon Pimp

Ah..good 'ole Avon. Let me tell you what "they" have done to me now. Unwittingly they have turned a classy Avon lady into an Avon pimp. Allow me to explain myself. I was formally a member of district 1151 who followed the 'B Thursday' delivery schedule. For those of you who are not familiar with these terms, this means that my order was due in on Mondays and returned for delivery on Wednesdays. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. First about a month ago I receive with my Avon shipment, this lovely little type-written letter explaining that I am one of the "lucky" representatives to be re-assigned to a new district. District 1152. I also have a new District Rep. whom I have yet to meet. I have no problem with this. That is fine. My problems begin with my current campaign - 18. You see, about two weeks after I received the letter detailing my new district assignment, I get ANOTHER letter. This one explains that my lovely, familiar as the scent of my husband's aftershave, comfortable as a pair of good worn sneakers, 'B Thursday' delivery schedule has also been changed. "NOoooo!" I cried. (And that was before I even realized the impact of this change). The letter stated that my new, anxious as the first day of school, scary as a hairdo from a new stylist, 'A- Week Monday' plan was to take effect with Campaign 19. I'm on Campaign 18 now. This means that according to my old schedule, my C18 order is due in by noon on September 6th and will arrive for delivery on September 8th. Well, my C19 order is now due at noon on Sept. 8th and will be back for delivery on Sept. 13th (due to the Labor Day Holiday). THIS means that my C19 order is due in before my C18 order even gets here! I was shorted 12 selling days of C19! "Why even place a C19 order" I asked myself. Then I read a few lines down. Apparently, if I turn in an order at all for C19, Avon will reward me with $50.00 sales credit per selling day lost. Wow...that's $600 much needed sales credit! So...now I have to figure out how to advertise, demo, and sell two campaigns at once since C18 and C19 will have to be turned in together. I'll be pushing Avon products like a pimp with an ugly hooker! As if my life weren't complicated enough already! Thanks Avon!


No comments: